Fertility Specialist dealing with Infertility in women
Having trouble conceiving? – Regency fertility doctors are on hand to help
About 20% of the population suffers from fertility issues and infertility in women is still a major issues in todays society – nearly 10% are men, the remainder women. So if you’re having problems getting pregnant, you’re not alone. You are considered to have fertility problems when you’ve been trying for a baby for at least a year without success. By this point it’s a good idea to seek advice from a specialist in infertility issues such as Regency International Clinic. We can then work with you to identify which path of treatment will give you the best chance of conceiving.
Female Infertility – Causes
Women can have difficulty conceiving for a variety of reasons, including:
- Ovulation problems due to polycystic or abnormal ovaries
- Blocked fallopian tubes which prevent sperm and eggs from meeting and fertilising
- Abnormality in the uterus or uterus lining
- Hormone imbalance
- Cervical hostility where the sperm cannot survive in the cervical mucus
- Problems with partner’s fertility – see Male Infertility
Female Infertility – Diagnosis
To determine the cause, we can carry out the following tests:
- Blood and hormone screenings
- Ultrasound scan
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) – an X-ray examination of the uterus and fallopian tubes
- Laparoscopy – a telescopic camera is inserted into the abdomen to study the uterus and fallopian tubes
Treatment depends on the underlying cause and is tailored to your personal needs. You may also benefit from fertility medication, ultrasound monitoring and timed sexual intercourse. Our aim is to enable you to achieve a normal spontaneous pregnancy. If that fails we work in collaboration with a number of IVF centres in London who can help you.
Fallopian Tube Unblocking We offer fallopian tube unblocking using a catheter under local anaesthetic, which takes less than 40 minutes. If you suffer from blocked tubes it can be a successful alternative to IVF.